Information about prosthodontists in West Virginia
Even the loss of a single tooth can lead to significant changes in the anatomy and physiology of chewing. Modern orthopedic dentistry indicates the need for prosthetics in case of conditions, which allow to restore chewing function and appearance of the dentition.
So, what is the indication for prosthesis? Prosthodontists in West Virginia mention following indication:
- Extensive destruction of the crown of the tooth. The most frequently occurs after development of deep caries and pulpitis. In this case, usually are used inlays and installing crowns.
- Complete destruction of the tooth crown. The presence of only the root of the tooth is an indication for prosthetic pins.
- Pathological abrasion. It is an indication for prosthetic crowns or veneers.
- Absence of a single tooth. This defect is the most well-known indication for prosthesis.
- Multiple defects of dentition. The older is patient greater, the greater the defect of dentition he/she has, which requires restoration.