What happens if you ignore the inflammation, bleeding gums, which are a sign of gum disease? Periodontists in Michigan warn that you risk to get even more serious disease or loose teeth.
Here are the symptoms that may indicate spreading of the infection. If you have even one of them, consult your periodontist immediately:
- Bad breath that does not disappear in 24 hours:
- Teeth look longer - the result of the gums levering:
- When you close your mouth, you have a sense of unusual, because the bite has changed:
- Your dentures changed its position,
- Between the teeth and gums are formed pus pockets,
- Teeth shaken or fall out.
Also, if your gums still bleed when you brush your teeth, inflammation persists and the swelling does not subside, despite all your efforts, you will need again to go to the dentist.