Many patients are afraid to carry out root canal treatment due to previous negative experiences of dental treatment, false and outdated information that they have heard from their friends and relatives. The lack of reliable information for patients about the possibilities of modern dentistry generates a lot of myths. Endodontists in Maryland confute the most popular wrong believes of their patients:
1. more that 95% of teeth after root canal treatment can serve their owners more than 10 years. 2. Tooth after root canal treatment is not dead, it can keep its function for the rest of the patient?s life.
3. Tooth after root canal treatment does not become breakable, but if it is not covered with the crown or inlay - the wall of the tooth may be split off, which can lead to the removal of a tooth.
4. Tooth after treatment does not become dark.
5. Endodontic treatment is painless, thanks to modern effective anesthetics.
6. Times when tooth hurts and cheek swells after canal filling, are gone.
7. If the tooth with the inflamed bone does not bother you, it does not mean that it should not be treated, just at the moment the body copes with the infection, but infection can spread to other tissues very quickly.